Rss Feed
Tweeter button
Facebook button
Digg button
Home » Exercise

Brazil Butt Lift & Insanity Hybrid

17 April 2011 26 Comments

I watched and/or did all of the Brazil Butt Lift videos last week and selected 4 I would like to incorporate into my Brazil Butt Lift and Insanity Hybrid schedule. While I think Brazil Butt Lift would make a good 1st time video and is excellent for toning legs, I have decided it is not quite sufficient alone after just completing 90 days of TURBO FIRE.

1. Bum Bum – Fun, active workout incorporating squats and lunges in a variety of angles and patterns that makes the workout very non-repetitive and engaging
  2. High & Tight – This workout has three sections each of which are particularly difficult. The last section technically requires ankle weights, but my legs are burning even without them. But the end of the 30 days, I may need to suck it up and purchase them…
  3. Sculpt – Technically designed with free weights, Leandro does a good job of incorporating resistance bands as an alternative (something I already own from Turbo Fire). One of the girls in the background using resistance bands throughout – showing me exactly how to modify all the workouts with resistance bands.
  4. Leandro’s Secret Weapon – This is a short intense lower body workout. It is a bonus workout that is automatically added to your set when you purchase of Brazil Butt Lift through a team beachbody member, such as myself.

Additionally, I have included the following Insanity videos:

1. Pure Cardio
  2. Cardio Abs
  3. Cardio Power and Resistance
  4. Cardio recovery
  5. Pylometric Cardio Circuit

Brazil Butt Lift and Insanity Hybrid Schedule

PRINT PDF

Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
Week 1 Fit Test &
Bum Bum
Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs High and Tight &
Leandro’s Secret
Rest Cardio Power and Resistance Cardio recovery and/or Sculpt Pylometric Cardio Circuit
Week 2 Pure Cardio Bum Bum & Cardio Abs Cardio Power and Resistance Rest High and Tight &
Leandro’s Secret
Pylometric Cardio Circuit Cardio Revory and/or Sculpt
Week 3 Fit Test &
Bum Bum
PylometricCardio circuit High and Tight &
Leandro’s Secret
Rest Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs Cardio Recovery and/or Sculpt Cardio Power and Resistance
Week 4 Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs Bum Bum Pylometric Cardio Circuit Rest High and Tight &
Leandro’s Secret
Cardio Power and Resistance & Cardio Abs Pure Cardio and/or Sculpt

I would love to be your coach

And feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions about these or other fitness and health products.

I am here to help – CoachAshley@hotmail.com.

Thanks for stopping by! My name is Ashley. I am a 28 year old, married, doctor in training, crafty Jewish blogger from Chicago . I'd love to help you make a healthy life change! And it just so happens that I am getting a group together to do the NEW PIYO program WITH me! Get your challenge pack, I'll send you a free blender, and I will bring you into my challenge group. I'll push you and motivate you and keep you on track! Want more info? Shoot me an email at Ashleysh22@gmail.com! or make me your coach for FREE today and we can discuss how to reach YOUR goals!

26 Responses to “Brazil Butt Lift & Insanity Hybrid”

1. mumu says:

Hello I have both and was wondering which one would be better I need to lose 10 to 15 more pounds and need to tone up a hole lot my butt and stomach need the most help I would love to her what you have to say thanks and love what UR plan up there looks like don’t know if I can handle it LOL

• Ashley says:

For weight loss – Insanity is definitely the best. For toning – Brazil Butt Lifts is the best. I think if your goal is to lose weight you should try Insanity. You will gain a lot of muscle with Insanity and then after you hit your goal weight, you can consider using Brazil Butt Lifts to tone it up!

2. Tara says:

Hi Ashley, I just received my BBL last week. I am so excited to begin.

My question: most days my schedule calls for 2 DVDs (ie. height and tight & bum bum – just an example). Can you do one DVD in the a.m. And one in the p.m.?

I am currently involved in a 30 day bootcamp and I want to start BBL now. The problem is that I cannot committ to over 2 hrs in the evening so it would help to break up the BBL DVDs.

Your feedback is much appreciated :) .

• Ashley says:

of course! There is no reason you have to do them consecutively! I have been known to do that many-a-times with the Insanity videos on days that it calls for Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. Best of luck!

3. steph says:

Hi!
    I need your help.
    I’m 18 years old, 5’4 and weigh 132 pounds. i want to lose 10 pounds. And I want my body to tone up. However , when it comes to dieting, its difficult as I live in college and well , we dont have the healthiest food in the world. What do i do? Should I do this program?
    Any tips?
    Random fact, I have whey protein powder to take.
    Thanks :)

• Ashley says:

Hi Steph!

I admire your pursuit of weight loss and toning in college! I actually put on 30 pounds in my first semester of college! I’m glad you are working to do the opposite :)

My husband and I have done both Insanity, and Turbo Fire in a space that is about 4 feet by 8 feet. Insanity you might even be able to do in a little less space than that. For each of those programs you would only need a yoga mat. Brazil Butt Lifts you could CERTAINLY do in less space than that. So it really depends on how your dorm room is laid out. In my dorm, at Colorado State, I would absolutely have had enough space for either one of those programs! You can read more about of each of them by going here: http://beachbodycoach.com/Ashleysh and clicking SHOP

As for eating healthy in the dorms? many – what a difficulty that is. Do you have a fridge in your dorm room? Here are some suggestions for healthy snacks: (1) air pop corn, plain – which you can make in any microwave using a brown paper sack that they sell for very cheap at walmart. (2) pita bread and hummus (3) fruit – this I am certain you can find on campus! (4) salads – do you guys have salad bars on campus? We certainly did! lots of salad and go light on the dressing and avoid croutons if you can.

Also – since you have protein powder, I am assuming you have a blender of some kind? I would strongly suggest you check out shakeology because it is a low calorie, nutrient dense shake that includes a huge variety of vegetables AND protein and is GREAT for weight loss, improved energy, and improved concentration which would certainly benefit you in college. You can read more about that here: http://myshakeology.com/Ashleysh

If you use any of the above links – I will become your coach and can help you through the process further!

4. Amelia says:

Hi Ashley,

I’m looking to start a brazil butt lift and insanity hyrbrid session. I’m looking to loose 10 lbs plus tone up. I realized that your hybrid is only for 4 weeks. Any reason why it’s not for 8 or 9 weeks?

5. Chris says:

I have done a p90x / insanity hybrid which is awesome. I think throwing insanity into the mix of any workout is a good thing. Never gave brazil butt lift a shot. I am a dude lol. Did give chalean extreme a shot, but nothing works like insanity. Ill have to show my wife the butt lift. Does it get boring?

• Ashley says:

Congrats on the p90x/insanity hybrid! You are a brave soul. I prefer Insanity (and most of the beachbody workouts) over P90X, if nothing else because P90X requires equipment and the workouts are a lot longer. I applaud your commitment!

I must say, my husband enjoys watching me do Brazil Butt Lifts ;) I think it is a great workout for a few months. But yes, after that, it does get a bit repetitive. I still mix it in though to other workouts because they are good solid workouts and rather short in time. the only video from Brazil Butt Lifts I didn’t like was the cardio one, and that is because it just took way too much coordination.

6. karen says:

Hi there!
    I’m currently 54 and 125 pounds. I would like to lose about 10 pounds but my main goal is to shape my booty and make it bigger! I know bbl will do just this but because I would like to lose weight so can I kill two birds with one stone by doing insanity? I usually run for cardio but I find it makes by bum smaller! Will insanity also make it smaller or will it help build muscle like bbl?? Hope that wasn’t too confusing lol!

• Ashley says:

Hey Karen!

Happy to help! I have had great experience with Insanity toning my body. There are an awful lot of squats and lunges and lunge-like activites (such as lifting your knee up in a lunge position) – all of which are great for firming up your bum! To be honest though, depending on your current state, both BBL AND Insanity might shrink your bum. Insanity is hard core cardio. It will help you develop muscles in your bum and thus firm it up nicely but if you have a lot of cushion to lose, it will also shrink it. That is probably true for BBL too, depending on the shape you are in. BBL, for me, is not enough cardio to really cause my bum to get smaller, but it really digs into those deep muscles and thus shapes it quite nicely. As you are 5’4″ and 125 pounds, you probably won’t lose much doing Insanity, because, frankly, you probably don’t have much to lose!

-Ashley

7. Sager says:

Hey there ashley,,
    Im a guy.. And i am obsessing about how my butt is HUGE! Summer is just aroud the corner and im planing on doing insanity+BBL at the same time, was just wondering would u feel tired? Doing both? And what would be the best time to do these 2 workouts in ur POV?
    Im 18 and weighy 180Lb’s and im 5’8.11 to be exact. I have both Wokouts and turbo fire!
    Started with p90x but lost focus first month, however i did drop 15 pounds.
    And right now doing turbo fire and getting a lil more results. ( only thing i do turbo is because less than an hour and its FUN FUN FUN !)
    So yeah..
    I do have a layer of fat on my belly, and a fat bum!
    So help?:(

Just was wondering would u have enough energy? And what would be a great time to do the workouts!
    Thank you !

8. Teeny says:

Well i just had my second child and i ordered the Brazil Butt Lift , The Insanity Workout and for me having all the baby weight i was wondering witch one should i do first (((Because after having a baby i don’t wont no complications ya know nothing that would push me to hurt myself but i’m fully healed and everything feels and seems fine and me like always i’m ready to take on any challenge(: but i know i don’t wont to hurt myself ya know ))) i have had people tell me try to take it slow with the Brazil Butt Lift To Get use to working out again and then go towards working with Insanity Do you think i should try BBL First or Insanity First Then BBL. . .

• Ashley says:

Hey Teeny!

Congrats on having your child! I would suggest that you start out with BBL – for many of the reasons you mentioned – take it slow and allow your body to adjust to the many changes it is experiencing. You can do one of the 4 week programs with BBL and then step it up to Insanity. Make sure you are getting proper nutrition and plenty to eat, especially if you are breastfeeding.

If you don’t have a beachbody coach – I’d love to help you along your journey – sign up here for free and please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any further questions along the way!

-Ashley

9. Rebecca says:

Hey!
    I am 146 pounds and 5’5″. I have been working out with brazil butt lift and doing some weightlifting for the past 2 weeks. I haven’t really lost much weight, though. I have the workout insanity, also but have not incorporated it into my workout yet. I would like to lose 16 pounds in 2 months. My main problem area are my big athletic thighs and butt which has some cellulite and a little stomach fat. Should I continue with brazil butt lift? Switch to purely insanity? Or do a mixture? Please help!!

10. Jennifer says:

Hi,

Would you have any knowledge about the Brazilian Butt Lift? I bought the DVD. Does it actually work? Do you know any info about when I should do the Abs Rapido, Rio Extreme, Or the Upper Cuts? (I might have lost the calendar for those 3 workouts).

Thank you!

11. Ann says:

Hi!
    Im a student and I do track and my season is over but I really wanna loose more pounds and tone up before next cross country season (in september). Even though i run i just want to improve. I’m ordering bbl and insanity soon, do you think it’d be okay to do them both? My days are usually free so it’ll give me something to do instead of watching tv. I’m about 5’4 and I range from 126lbs to 132lbs. If you think it’d be okay for me to do and if there’s any good advice you’d want to share please tell me!
    Thanks!

12. Victoria Jackson says:

13. Victoria Jackson says:

Hey Ashley , just saw an insanity infomercial and decided to do a little research.. I have questions … I’m 206.1 pounds , i’m 5’71/2 , and i’m a junior in high school. Idk why , but my body is really thick , and it looks like i’m waaay less than that ( or so im told ) my butt isnt as big as i would like it, it’s sort of flat even though it looks good at times , but anyways , i want to loose about 54 pounds , i used to be 212, but i did the master cleanse diet thing .. So im close to my 160 goal… By -6 .. But anyways !! I was wondering , i wanna workout i NEED to loose weight , especially my belly , but i dont wanna loose my butt or hips , me nor my boyfriend would not apprieciate that . Lol. I appreciate that you took the time to read this thaank you.

14. LamisLeandra says:

Hi,
    I cam across your posts and wish to ask few questions abt BBL and Insanity.
    I had a C-section 2 years back and recently started doing BBL and saw a definite change in my bum.
    I want to have a good flat stomach (abs would be great) and i am willing to invest time in getting it.Problem is
    1) I dont have enough to invest in a gym equipment neither time as I take care of my kid all by myself, nor the kind of money required to join a gym.I have resistance bands , the kind used for arm training , light dumb bells.
    So, Can Insanity give me the ripped look without gym equipment?
    2) Major problem is I am a VEGETRIAN and I dont have the money to invest in supplements and stuff like that..
    How do I go about my diet?
    Thank you.
    -LL

15. Bre says:

I am 43 & currently 180 lbs. I lost 56 lbs in aprox 2 yrs by eating healthier, walking, bicycling & Zumba! I have both the Insanity & bbl programs. I did insanity for 4 weeks & altho extremely difficult for me I pushed through it. I stopped due to an renovation project that was too time consuming. With Insanity I felt exhausted but stronger & alot better. It was a bit intense as I have Emphysema, but did as much as I could (rep wise). Now that my hectic schedual is over I had planned to begin with bbl, but after reading many various reviews I am wondering if I should begin with the insanity program instead, or would it be more beneficial for me to do this hybrid program which incorporates both programs? I think toning while losing weight is still important no?

• Ashley says:

Hi Bre. I first want to say GREAT WORK on losing 56 pounds. That is no small feat! I think the most important workout is one you enjoy. If you enjoy doing Insanity, then stick with it. If you enjoy doing BBL, then do that. Because honestly, it is really hard to stay committed to something you don’t like that. I, personally, enjoy Insanity a lot more than BBL. Mostly because I like Shaun T better than Leandro. Insanity does have better cardio than BBL, and if Insanity is still challenging for you, than it will continue to tone you. BLL is really designed to tone your butt and legs, and although there is are workouts for upper body and abs, Insanity will focus more on the entirety of your body. If I can be of further assistance, shoot me an email at Ashleysh22@gmail.com!

16. Noel says:

Hi Ashley,

I have Brazil butt lift and my sister has insanity so I was flung to try mixing them.
    However I don’t have Leandro’s secret weapon. What could I use I place of it?

I am female 5’10 146 lbs and am wanting to lose some fat and gain a lot of muscle and abs.

• Ashley says:

Hey Noel!

Do you have the Fast and Furious that came with Insanity? Leandro’s Secret Weapon and Fast and the Furious come with the programs if your ordered the programs from beachbody coaches only. If not let me know and I’ll try and help you with what you have!

-Ashley